Friday, November 18, 2011

Have a Thankful Thanksgiving, Part 3

  • Friday, 11-11-11 - I am thankful for such a cool date! I am thankful that today is Veteran's Day and I have a paid day off in a country that was kept free by Veterans who made tremendous sacrifices to keep it free. I am thankful to be an American. I am thankful that I grew up close to Fort Hood, TX and got to see first hand the sacrifices our soldiers and their families make for the rest of us. I am thankful that I got a chance to go shooting for the first time!!
  • Saturday, November 12th - I am thankful that we made our goal last week at LC so I got to wear a blue jean skirt and t-shirt to work. I am thankful that in a time where many have trouble finding a single job, that God has blessed me with two.
  • Sunday, November 13th - I am thankful for Friend Day at church today. I am thankful that I can have so much fun working with four year olds! I am thankful for how much they enjoy saying their memory verses in as many crazy ways as I can think of (underwater voice, monkey style, robot style, etc). I am thankful for friends who are my age and single that attend my church and have fun hanging out. A year and a half ago I didn't have that luxury. I am thankful for the Spiveys who work with us Pathfinders and plan fun activities for us to do. I am thankful that I do not have to try to eat Oreos placed on my forehead without using my hands on a regular basis (a game that I failed miserably at)!
  • Monday, November 14th - I am thankful for a washer and dryer in my apartment. When I lived in TN and had to use the laundromat it was such a hassle! I am thankful for a dishwasher that get the dishes clean and more sanitized than I can by washing them by hand. I am thankful for a refrigerator that keeps food from spoiling and being wasted.
  • Tuesday, November 15th - I am thankful that IHOP is open after 10 pm and has a place to plug in your computer. I am thankful that I can concentrate and get a lot of writing done there like I can not seem to do at home. I am thankful for all of the HBBC students that work there who may not recognize me, but I know are HBBC students. I am thankful for their testimony.
  • Wednesday, November 16th - I am thankful that a new haircut can make a girl feel like new! I am thankful that the salon had an opening and was able to fit me in on my lunch break even though it was a spur of the moment decision and I had obviously not made an appointment. I am thankful for all of the encouraging coworkers, friends, and family who supported my drastic change in hair styles.
  • Thursday, November 17th - I am thankful for a boss who is understanding when I am 10 minutes late because I didn't realize that my windshield and windows would be frozen over when I tried to leave for work this morning. I am thankful for defrosters, heaters, sweaters, gloves, coats, scarves, hats, boots, and anything else that keeps me warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to receive feedback! Thanks so much for your contribution!