Thursday, November 3, 2011

Have a Thankful Thanksgiving, Part 1

I had noticed people were putting something that they are thankful for each day on Facebook for the month of November. I liked the idea, but I thought I would do it on here and do a week's worth at a time.

Oh, and by the way... Did you ever stop to think that being thankful for something implies that you are thankful to someone for that thing? Think about it. Most of the things that we are thankful for we have little to no control over. Who are we thanking for those things? The very concept of being Thankful implies that we are thankful to God. So don't be generic this Thanksgiving and November; don't settle for being grateful to the unseen and unknown. Be specific and thank God!

  • Monday October 31st - I was thankful that I live in a safe apartment complex where I don't have to worry about mischief befalling me on Halloween night. I was thankful that I was not scheduled to work at Penn Square Mall on Monday. I was thankful for a nice quiet evening where Jen and I got to hang out and watch a movie together.
  • Tuesday, November 1st - I was thankful for one last day of short sleeves, sandals, and windows open kind of weather before the cold front that was coming through the next day. I was also thankful that my work paid for all of us to have free Big Truck Tacos today at lunch. I had never had them before and they were very good! I was thankful that I was no longer sick like the week before and was able to do visitation nursery like usual. I was missing those babies!! 
  • Wednesday, November 2nd - I was thankful that I got to eat lunch with Mrs. Rachel Spivey and Samuel. She is such a blessing to me! I also was thankful that I had a much less stressful day at work than on Tuesday. And I was thankful that I got to ride to and from church with Jen and Colby who just crack me up! 
  • Thursdays, November 3rd - I was thankful that I have warm blankets that keep me so cozy that I don't want to get out of bed. I was thankful for hot water to take a shower without freezing. I was also thankful for my cell phone since it is my faithful alarm and keeps me in touch with my friends and family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to receive feedback! Thanks so much for your contribution!