Thursday, November 10, 2011

Have a Thankful Thanksgiving, Part 2

Have you ever found yourself down in the dumps grumbling about something? In that moment you were not grateful. There's just something about the way that God made us, we can be thankful or ungrateful but never both at the same time. This thought convicts me because I know that I must complain to God far more often than I thank Him for things. So these are the things that I wanted to thank God for this week...

  • Friday, November 4th - I was thankful that my sister invited me to go see the Beauty and the Beast play done by Oklahoma Christian University. I was thankful that the weather went from 29 degrees and frosty to the mid 50's. I was thankful for my co-workers that I work with on a daily basis; they make work fun and are truly a blessing to me.
  • Saturday, November 5th - I was thankful that the earthquake at 2am didn't cause any damage where I live. I was thankful that I was able to sleep in after a night of very little sleep. I was thankful that I got off of work at LensCrafters at 8pm instead of 9pm. 
  • Sunday, November 6th -I was thankful for the "fall back" time change that allowed me an extra hour of rest after the second larger earthquake in 24 hours had me wide awake again. I was thankful that even though it was the largest earthquake ever recorded in Oklahoma, that I have not heard of anyone being seriously hurt and no major damage other than a couple roads buckling and some people's walls cracking. I am thankful for Southwest Baptist Church which celebrated it's 60th anniversary on Sunday. I look forward to Sunday mornings when I can work with my precious 4 year old girls and then sit and hear Pastor Gaddis preach about things that feed me spiritually. I truly have been blessed to be a part of a church that is my church home.
  • Monday, November 7th - Despite the fact that earthquakes, tornadoes, hail, and thunderstorms happen in one night here, in spite of the wind that comes sweeping down the plain, and even though the weather in general changes faster than a girl can change her mind, I am very thankful that I know I am right where God wants me and I am very thankful that it is here in OKC. While this Texas girl will never give up her Texas heritage and roots (After all, you can take the girl outta Texas, but you cain't take the Texas outta the girl.), Oklahoma has truly become home to me in the last 7 years and there's no place I would rather be.  =)
  • Tuesday, November 8th - I was thankful for Tuesday night visitation nursery. Every Tuesday night I go play with babies while their parents are out visiting people. I get to help by freeing parents up from distractions and get my baby fix all at the same time! I have one little girl, Emma, who has become my special buddy. I think I am one of her favorite people ever. She always wants to come to me whenever she sees me and it makes my day every time!
  • Wednesday, November 9th - I was thankful for the cold, nearly freezing weather last night. (It's a one time thing, but I actually was truly grateful for it!) I somehow managed to drop my ground beef right outside my front door while I was carrying in groceries last night. Thankfully with the weather being so cold, it was nearly frozen and not spoiled! It was truly a blessing!
  • Thursday, November 10th - I am thankful for coffee and how soothing it feels on a sore throat. I am thankful for the french press coffee maker that I won at work several months ago. I being able to make coffee at home. I am thankful for a stove that works, electricity that is consistent, and safe, clean water that comes out of the facet every time I turn it on.    
What about you? What are some of the things that you are thankful to God for this week? I would love to hear yours too. So please, comment at the bottom and let me know!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    I always love to receive feedback! Thanks so much for your contribution!