Sunday, July 31, 2011

Songs on a Sunday - Lean on Me

I chose this song this week because I have felt the way it describes many times. Maybe I am alone in this, although I rather doubt it. There have been times that I have looked around and wondered if anyone cared that my heart was breaking. There where days when I wondered if anyone understood how alone, miserable, or overwhelmed that I felt.

When I could manage to hide the pain from everyone, I would be relieved because I didn't want anyone to see it. But yet my very success also made me even more sad. I mean, shouldn't everyone have SOMEONE that is close enough to look past the facade and see the hidden tears? 

This song reminds me that I do have Someone, and so could everyone else as well. Even when your friends leave you feeling neglected, uncared for, or simply left out God is still there. Even when your family is too far away or too busy to notice, God still knows. Even when people unknowingly say exactly the wrong thing and it pierces your heart, God understands that anguish. Even when you have so much going on that you feel as though you are drowning, God is there to offer His hand to pull you up out of the stormy seas of life.

My prayer today is that this song will be a blessing and encouragement to all who read it, as it has been to me.

Lean on Me
When no one cared about me, if I should live or die,
When no one bothered asking, why I go alone and cry,
When burdens got so heavy that I could not face the day,
Then I'd feel His arms around me and hear Him gently say,

“Lean on Me when you have no strength to stand.
When you feel you're going under, hold tighter to My hand.
Lean on Me when your heart begins to bleed.
When you come to the place that I'm all you have – you'll find I'm all you need.”

When the road ahead looks rugged and the path is getting steep.
I feel that I can't make it and my heart begins to weep.
Then I turn to see who's comin' to join me in the way.
And I see that it's my Saviour and I hear Him gently say,

“Lean on Me when you have no strength to stand.
When you feel you're going under, hold tighter to My hand.
Lean on Me when your heart begins to bleed.
When you come to the place that I'm all you have – you'll find I'm all you need.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to receive feedback! Thanks so much for your contribution!