Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Milestones

Today's post is a celebration of recent milestones in my life.
  • I just turned 27 which is pretty cool, because it is a favorite number. 
  • I got my first dog as an adult.
  • I am about to go on my very first "real" vacation to see some states and an ocean that I have not yet seen before. 
  • I have been a college graduate for 3 years this month.
  • One month from today I will be celebrating the 2nd anniversary at my job and a full year in my department. 
  • My blog actually reached and exceeded 1500 page views.
  • This is the 50th post in which I have had the pleasure to practice honing my attempts to harness my thoughts into written form and which you, my beloved readers, have been crazy, goofy, loyal, or curious enough to take the time to read. (I'll let you decide which you are, but please, do share!!)

Now, friends, family, and any other readers who are reading my blog, the time has come to announce the winner of the contest!!! In case you have missed a few posts and have no clue to what I am referring, let me bring you up to speed.

I decided to have a contest to celebrate my 1500th page view right here on Penny's Worth of Thoughts. Each comment here as well as comments and likes on Facebook on posts 46-49 would be entitled to one entry each into a drawing for a $15.00 gift card to Starbucks. (Why Starbucks? Because I felt it would have virtually universal appeal and I would have entered such a contest myself. =)

Rather than actually writing out 32 names (yes, that's how many entries there ended up being) and drawing them from a hat the old-fashioned way, I did what any somewhat "tech-savy" 27 year old would do... I searched online for a free tool for contest drawings. I decided to use RandomPicker, a free service that allowed me to copy and paste my list of names and then generate a winner. (It was so easy to use, that I actually wish I had another contest to start so I could use it again!!) I did practice several times (which it allows for) before finalizing the drawing.

And the winner is.... Drumroll, please.............(Are you actually doing a drumroll? I didn't think so. Come on for real this time!)

Drumroll, please............

Amanda Allmon!!!!

Amanda earned four entries into my contest and one of them paid off! Amanda, please be sure to send me your mailing address through the messages on Facebook and I will get your prize mailed out to you!!

I would also like to say a very special "Thank You" to the following people who took the time to enter the contest by liking or commenting on my posts (in order of initial entry):

Samuel B. with two entries
Kayla B.
Becky P.
Faith B.
Christina B.
Laura S. with two entries
Mandy G.
Anita B. with four entries
Danielle W. with three entries
Rebecca L.
Caro W. with two entries
Kayla S.
Shawn E.
Rachel G. with two entries
Kate D.
Jason E.
Tammy W.
Angel and Coby M.
Mallory S.

P.S. If you are of the suspicious nature or are just jealous to miss out of some free Starbucks, you may examine the results yourself at http://www.randompicker.com/protocol/5723x13024.

Thanks once again everyone!!!

2 comments:

  1. I guess I'm just a bit jealous for missing out on Starbucks, but I wouldn't doubt the integrity of your draw. ;)

    Hmm...I guess I'd classify myself as a "loyal" reader... if someone who's just now catching up on the last four entries could be considered loyal. Is there a loyal-but-chronically-tardy category?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL!!! Yes, I consider you loyal! You are my most faithful commentator! I remind you that you were 1) busy, 2) were lacking a computer, and 3) better late than never!

      What it says about the quality of my blog and readers by knowing that one of my most faithful readers had to catch up on 4 at once... Well, that one we will just laugh off! =)

      Delete

I always love to receive feedback! Thanks so much for your contribution!