Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Someday

All of my writing takes a certain amount of courage to share publicly because it's personal. There's a little bit of me in everything I write and that always makes me a little nervous about how it will be received. 

I believe that poetry is a socially acceptable way to express a person's deepest emotions. It's a way to express things that you don't know how to say any other way. The emotional expression is exactly why my poetry is even more personal to me than just regular writing. It holds even more of my heart, even more of me

As a warning, I haven't had any training in writing poetry. I honestly don't know if anyone lacking family bias will find it to be "good." These are all reasons why I have never openly shared my poetry before

I believe this hopeful poem could be an expression of what's inside the hearts of many single girls who are hoping and dreaming about their "Someday."
 
Someday
8/28/10
Someday I will meet someone whose heart with mine will beat.
To him I will be so special that I was worth the wait to meet.
Individually we may have felt alone, but together we'll feel complete.

Someday I will meet someone who has given God his heart.
Time alone with God each day will only be the start,
For he will know that in his life God must play a vital part.

Someday I will meet someone who has the strength to lead.
But he'll combine his strength with love and be caring in his deeds;
Mere control of me will be the last thing that he needs.

Someday I will meet someone with an awesome sense of humor.
He will laugh and joke and smile, but not at the expense of others.
He will be compassionate and kind, ever a man of honor.

Someday I will meet someone who sees past my outside veneer.
He will see my hidden beauty that no one else has noticed there.
My vulnerabilities he'll understand and he'll handle them with care.

Someday I will meet someone who I know will not be perfect.
After all, we are each born with a sinful birth defect.
Forgiveness must be the policy we both strive to effect.

Someday I will meet someone who will make me stop and ponder.
“How could God be so good to me?” I will surely have to wonder.
'Til then I suppose that “absence makes the heart grow fonder.”

No comments:

Post a Comment

I always love to receive feedback! Thanks so much for your contribution!